Pepper spray gives you the most bang for your buck of any self defense tool. In this article I will give you information on the key chain pepper spray so you can make an informed decision before making a purchase. I will lay out the features, operations, and test results.
· The Heat wave key chain pepper spray is a 15% pepper spray rated at 2 million scoville units.
· Other brands with 18% can't stand up to heat waves 15%. Independent lab tests prove that not all pepper spray units are created equal.
· 180,000 SHU guaranteed heat rating from the nozzle: lab tests prove it. Don't be fooled by other brands labels.
· Holstered it measures 1.25" in diameter and 4.25" tall. Compact enough to carry with your keys, big enough for easy handling.
· Sprays up to 10 feet with a solid stream of hot cayenne pepper. This is the tool for you to keep your distance from your attacker.
· The twist lock actuator is the perfect safety feature: no chance for it to accidently fire in your purse or pocket.
· 3 year shelf life.
· Leatherette key chain holder.
· The best way to keep the canister in its holder is turned sideways so the nozzle points out the gap where the cover folds over to be snapped. Why? This way you don't have to remove the canister from the case to operate it.
· Turn actuator lever to on position, this is easily done while in the case using your index finger.
· Hold unit in hand with nozzle pointing towards the target then push down through leatherette holder.
· While spraying towards the face, use a fan pattern to assure you hit the target completely. With the solid stream actuator the chances of blow back are far less than mist actuators and are more effective than foam.
· Laboratory Tests: HPLC (high pressure liquid chromatography) testing ensures that the heat wave brand pepper sprays are of the highest quality and our guaranteed to meet a minimum % out of the nozzle heat rating. When it says 15%, it is. This is the only brand that makes this guarantee.
· Physical Test: At a distance of 7 feet my wife shot me directly in the face. I know you all wished your spouses would let you spray them. My wife assured me she doesn't receive any pleasure from these tests. Right? But I digress. Immediately upon hitting my face I was temporally blinded, and the burning pain begins making you want to wipe your face. Bad idea! The wiping only pushes the pepper deeper into the skin. A split second later my mucus membranes kicked in trying to shed the foreign substance from my body. Now I'm blind, in excruciating pain, and my face is covered with mucus. I was in no shape or form to fight or defend myself. The extreme pain and burning lasted approximately 30 minutes. 2 hours later I felt better but it really took 2 days for the skin irritation to be completely gone.
· All peoples skin types are unique and each will feel the effects to different degrees; however it the effect on the human body is the same. 1% of people are unaffected by pepper spray. With that percentage you can't go wrong with this product.
If you are looking for an affordable, reliable, compact, light weight, effective self defense tool look no further than the key chain pepper spray. I can personally testify to how well it works; this is a formidable foe for any assailant. Remember the best time to learn your lesson about personal security and self defense is before something happens.